Weekend Flying

Find out who's planning on doing what - when - where
Thermalling / Slope Soaring / Quenching our Thirst
halfcutt

Weekend Flying

Postby halfcutt » September 13th, 2019, 5:48 pm

September weather has not been kind. Looks pretty windy for both Sat and Sunday.I'll load some stuff up and see what happens tomorrow. A shout out to Tony who cut the grass today, that may be the final cut. Tony will win the prize for the most hours on the tractors.

Brian C

Warren

Re: Weekend Flying

Postby Warren » September 13th, 2019, 7:30 pm

I was out on Thursday in light south winds and good lift that developed after 11:00 AM. The only interruption was the coyote chewing the winch line into 4 pieces and dragging the chute into the weeds where it was lost.I was flying at the time so could not pursue or confront the beast. So if someone finds a olive green chute with fabric shrouds I would appreciate it if you choke the coyote with it.

halfcutt

Postby halfcutt » September 14th, 2019, 7:10 pm

Mat and I took advantage of Tony's freshly cut field and taxied our cub look a likes into some pleasant afternoon flying.No incidents and no coyotes. I'm not sure I can make tomorrow but the field looks great.
Brian C

petertha

Postby petertha » September 21st, 2019, 5:54 pm

Some of us were out today, beautiful weather. I saw 3 coyotes in the south field keeping their distance but eyeing us up. One had an olive green 'scarf' which I thought was quite odd LOL.

Return to “Who's Going Flying?”