2019 Flying Season

Use for discussion about club and site administration
halfcutt

2019 Flying Season

Postby halfcutt » May 5th, 2019, 2:57 pm

Welcome to all new and returning members to the 2019 gliding season. We start the season with minor changes to the executive with myself taking over the presidents position from Chris, Peter Thannhauser is treasurer taking over from Andy and Kevin Hanson and Tony Irwin are returning in their previous positions.Please get your 2019 fees($100) to Peter if you have not yet paid. All members need MAAC insurance.
A reminder that we are exclusively a gliding club and only allow gas/nitro planes as aero tow tugs, a rare occasion.Further, pure gliders have priority and right of way over their E powered counterparts. When winching is occurring all pilots including our electric flyers should launch from the winch site and land in a predetermined common area. Communication is key, announce your launch, your landing, final, on field pick up etc. Vehicles should be parked on the east side of the paved paved runway, away from our grass field. If winching is occurring parking will be at the north or south end of the paved runway opposite the winch set up. Do not fly over the cars.
The AMA has installed new gate posts and have a new lock in place, same combo. Please lock the gate on both entry and exit.When travelling to our mowed field please stay off the AMA paved runway.
We are awaiting Transport Canada regs that may appear in June. Hopefully not damaging to our hobby. Further, Peter is indicating it may be a 2018 MAAC requirement to display your MAAC number and optionally your name on your planes. I also include my phone number in case of a run away.
In the near future we hope to have an active e mail list to inform the membership of coming activities. We may organize a swap meet,Warren will conduct a couple of tutorial sessions and we will need some mowing volunteers.

Weather looks good this week end.
El Presidente Brian Cutt

petertha

Re: 2019 Flying Season

Postby petertha » May 5th, 2019, 5:00 pm

Thanks Brian. Regarding the MAAC model ID thing, I believe in 2018 when MAAC issued MPPD-10 it was effective immediately, which I take to mean we should be adopting presently. This doesn't have to do with the new TC guidelines, its a MAAC thing. I believe all we have to do is include minimal identification tag/info on or inside our models. The PDF provides a small template you could print & attach. I cant seem to upload the PDF but its on the MAAC website. Here is the pertinent verbiage.

4.3 MAAC will comply with the new requirement by reinstating the practice of having all members apply an owner’s identification tag/label; or a copy of the member’s electronic membership card; or a copy of the members MAAC card to their model aircraft containing the members contact identification listed below:

petertha

Re: 2019 Flying Season

Postby petertha » May 5th, 2019, 5:02 pm

I'll try & attach the sample ID template
** nope not working, here is the MAAC link **
https://www.maac.ca/en/committees_detai ... ttee_id=43

Return to “Admin Stuff”